Thursday, March 13, 2014

MOTD: Crepes

I'm normally a pancake kind of girl, but last weekend, I was feeling something a bit fancier. I decided to make crepes.

Image 1 .I had some leftover strawberries, so I set 'em aside.
Crepes are absurdly easy to make and equally difficult to mess up, as the filling is the focus of the meal rather than the actual crepe. Any combination of milk, egg, flour, butter/oil, and salt will do the trick. I used:
  • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 2 eggs
I made 8 crepes (4 per person) and they turned out perfectly.

Image 2. Close up of the filling
For fillings, I used: nutella & banana (a classic), lemon cream cheese frosting & strawberries, whipped cream, strawberries & bananas, and the last one was an egg, bacon & feta crepe for a savory kick. Nutella & banana was my favorite, and also my fiance's; sometimes the simple stuff is the best stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment