Saturday, March 29, 2014

MOTD: Cooking with cabernet

I'm pretty sure you can literally never go wrong with onions, garlic, butter, and olive oil. The holy quadfecta(?).

Image 1. Buttery, garlicky, onion-y goodness
You can use these four ingredients as the base and add different household ingredients each day for a simple meal. Like this $2.99 bottle of cabernet sauvignon I got at Trader Joe's.

Image 2. Cheap wine is the best wine for cooking.
I don't drink, so when I bought this, I didn't even realize I was buying alcohol. I might as well have been buying vinegar. When the cashier asked for my ID, I was momentarily confused. I was just trying to make some cabernet marinara sauce, hayashi rice, and as an impromptu meal, this cabernet-infused risotto.

Image 3. Just your average dinner
I paired it with some grilled pork chops, topped with roasted garlic and a cabernet-balsamic reduction. The aroma of the ingredients all fused together was phenomenal.

Image 4. Dat sizzling pork
In my next alcoholic culinary escapade, I think I will be trying a white wine chicken and pasta combination. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment