Wednesday, April 2, 2014

MOTD: Epic meal time

Brats wrapped in bacon. Need I say more?

Image 1. BACON STRIPS. BACON STRIPS. BACON STRIPS.
I can't be the only person who thinks the stuff they come up with on Epic Meal Time looks delicious. Sure, they're obscenely high-calorie and should not be consumed by any human on a regular basis, and sure, some things like the bacon protein bar look absolutely disgusting, but mostly, it's just copious amounts of meat and cheese. What's not to like? Right? Right?!

I sauteed some onions in butter until lightly caramelized, then added just enough beer to submerge the bacon-wrapped bratwursts halfway. After simmering for a while, I moved the brats to a separate skillet and continued to let the onions caramelize and the beer reduce while the brats were browned. Once that was done, I put the whole thing in a warm bun with a slice of dill pickle and topped it with horseradish mustard.

Image 2. This happened.
And thus my not-quite-as-heart-attack-inducing rendition of Epic Meal Time was complete. And it was amazing. #noragrets

No comments:

Post a Comment