Saturday, October 31, 2015

MOTD: Bacon and prosciutto mac & cheese

I've been told that combining a cheap meat like bacon with a luxurious product like prosciutto is sinful, but combining two things that I like into a single dish is, to me, an ambitious endeavor at worst.

I used one part sharp cheddar and one part gruyere; that gave the roux a fondue cheese-like consistency, which I am all about. I also added a touch of sriracha as well as chili powder and red pepper flakes into the mix before pouring it over the macaroni.


I was playing this by ear, so after I ground up the bread crumbs I decided to add some fresh basil into the mix. This gave the bread crumbs a green tinge - a consequence that made me regret my decision - but ultimately the dish turned out delicious.


I served the concoction with a refreshing green apple and celery salad, the crunchiness and sweetness of which complemented the rich mac and cheese beautifully.


Not bad! 10/10 would make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment